Extra security precautions are being taken at airports and other transit hubs worldwide. A little pre-planning and understanding of both security rules and your right to privacy can help you avoid problems in transit and enjoy your travels.
In particular, remember that all airport screenings must be conducted with courtesy, dignity and respect. You may request screening in a private area at all U.K. airports and most international destinations.
A few additional tips to keep you on the go:
- Pre-cut all cut-to-fit barriers at home.
- Carry a statement from your healthcare professional stating your need for stoma care supplies.
- If you are traveling to a foreign country, bring this information written in the appropriate language. Google Translate may be helpful with translations. If you find you need additional supplies while traveling, a local pharmacy is a great starting point. The local pharmacist should be able to provide you with the necessary supplies and/or refer you to a local clinic/hospital for support.
- Pack at least three days worth of stoma care supplies in your carry-on luggage—just in case your checked luggage is misplaced.
- Take extra supplies, in case of delays and/or non-availability at your destination.
For more information me+™ members can download our Holiday Advice booklet by logging in to the Member's Area or you can call the me+™ team to order your printed copy on 0800 467 866 (UK) or 1800 721 721 (RoI)