Developing AQUACEL® Ag+ Dressing technology took years of research, across a wide range of biofilm-disrupting agents and surfactants in combination with antimicrobials1. We identified 250,000 potential combinations, and tested 60,000.
MORE THAN SILVER™ technology, which contains three components with the power to disrupt and destroy biofilm
UNITED AGAINST BIOFILM
We combine MORE THAN SILVER™ with Hydrofiber® technology, which works to absorb wound exudate and disrupted EPS and bacteria. This helps to manage wound moisture and support healing9.
LEARN MORE ABOUT :
1. Bowler PG, Parsons, D. Combatting wound biofilm and recalcitrance with a novel anti-biofilm Hydrofiber® wound dressing. Wound Medicine 14 (2016) 6-11.
2. Said J, Walker, M, Parsons D, Stapleton P, Beezer AE, Gaisford S. An in vitro test of the efficacy of an anti-biofilm wound dressing. Int J Pharmaceutics. 2014; 474: 177-181. DOI 10.1016/j ipharm.2014.08.034.
3. Composition comprising antimicrobial metal ions and a quaternary cationic surfactant WO12136968 Parsons World patent application 11th October 2012.
4. Banin E., Brady K.M. & Greenberg E.P. (2006). Chelator Induced Dispersal and Killing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Cells in Biofilm. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 72. 2064 2069.
5. Chen X, Stewart PS, 2000. Biofilm removal caused by chemical treatments. Wat. Res.
6. 4229 4233. 34. Seth AK, Zhong A, Nguyen KT, Hong SJ, Leung KP, Galiano RD, Mustoe TA. Impact of a novel, anto microbial dressing on in vivo, Pseudomonas aeruginosa wounds biofilm: quantitative comparative analysis using a rabbit ear model. Wound Repair Regen. 2014; 22: 712-719. DOI: 10.1111/wrr.12232.
7. Hobot JA, Walker M, Newman GN, Bowler PG. 2008. Effect of Hydrofiber® wound dressings on bacterial ultrastructure. J Electr Micro; 57: 67-75.
8. T. J. Beveridge. W. S. Fyfe. Metal fixation by bacterial cell walls. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences, 1985, 22(12): 1893-1898, https://doi.org/10.1139/e85-204.
9. Parsons, D, Meredith K, Rowlands VJ, Short D, Metcalf DG, Bowler PG. Enhanced Performance and Mode of Action of a Novel Antibiofilm Hydrofiber® Wound Dressing. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:7616471.